The Art Front
Urimas has gotten me some sprites of Aquillia which I hope to put in the game soon. Chicken believes she will finish Mei’s Werecat dialogue portraits this week, and Hund will finish up coloring and shading the Mei Slime dialogue portraits. Rune has also gotten us a ghostly maid. Spooky!
The Code Front
Here’s the major additions for this week:
Werecat Transformation Scene
Finally, Mei can turn into a werecat! There’s an extended scene with a guest appearance by Nadia and an optional minor H-Scene. By the light of the moon!
Quantir Mansion Completed
The baseline event sequence for the Quantir Mansion is now complete, including an optional boss battle (that hasn’t been balanced yet…). The layout is done, all I need to do is make sure the enemy positioning and patrols work, and add a couple of missing triggers for the doors. I also need to make sure that the mansion doesn’t cause any bugs because it’s possible to approach it from two directions.
Mei and Florentina can now finally find what they need to end the chapter!
Sister Claudia Implemented
Sister Claudia now appears in the game! Find her journal, find her research notes, find what’s left of her convent…
Nix Nedar under development
The home of the Rilmani, Nix Nedar is the last major area I need to create before the chapter is complete. I do intend to add a bit of bonus content if I have time. I need to get some furniture sprites from Urimas before I can truly complete the area, though.
I’ve redesigned the maps to use patrols and enemy grouping more than before, and added enemies to the northern section of the map which didn’t have them in Prototype 2.
Whether or not this is balanced, I am less sure of. I’ve added another save point to the forest and made more 1-enemy groupings in the early areas. Later on, the game is balanced around having Florentina in the party and Mei upgrading her equipment, but the only way to test the balancing is to… test it. That will take a while.
I’m most of the way through adding extra loot for you to find. Special equipment such as the Fencer’s Raiment, which provides little defense but boosts Mei’s attack power, will come in handy during some of the boss battles. Code needs to be added for weapons like the Serrated Katana, which increases bleed damage but deals less overall than the Rusty Katana. It’ll be quite useful during a certain boss encounter, as well.
Expect a post later this week on map design, once I have some spare time. Been extra busy this week because I have to cover for other people at work, all the time, damn it.
Prototype 3 Status
The target for Prototype 3 is End of August. Here’s the checklist:
- The Quantir Mansion completed (Check!)
- Nix Nedar completed (In progress!)
- The Dimensional Trap basement mini-dungeon completed (CHECK!)
- The Dimensional Trap upper floor mini-dungeon completed
- The Dimensional Trap main-floor redesign completed (CHECK!)
- Werecat TF and event sequence completed (Check!)
- Ghost Maid TF and event sequence completed
- Breanne’s flower subquest completed
- Florentina’s past subquest completed
- Old map enemy redesign completed (CHECK!)
- Probably something else that will come up and be too good to ignore.
- All the attendant bugs…
Here’s all the things different since last week:
- Added Werecat TF. Yay!
- Abortive slumber party during Werecat TF! Yay!
- Nadia/Mei H-scene during Werecat TF! Yay!
- Fixed the maps to use their correct positions on the world map where applicable.
- Added the Quantir Estate event chain.
- Added the Claudia Rescue event chain.
- Fixed a bug when upgrading equipment that isn’t equipped on a character.
- Removed debug code for upgrading equipment. It now actually costs ingredients to upgrade stuff.
- Fixed a bug where poison and bleed would not reset between combats in some cases.
- Added patrolling werecat enemies.
- Added enemies to the path between Breanne’s and the Quantir Mansion.
- Added werecat scavenger to Quantir area.
Argue about this post on the forums!
Support the project on Patreon so the artists stop being lazy shits!