I do so love getting sick. I only spent about three days last week actually working on Pandemonium. But here’s some of what I got done.
I have almost finished the level generator’s basic parts. It still needs to generate treasure and enemies but it currently generates entrances and exits and does so fairly naturally. The entrance is in the top middle and the exit the bottom right. Exits are generates at 75% or more of the maximum walkable distance in the map, which means I can put treasure at the 95% mark and enemies in between.
There is a 10% chance that the level generated will be a cavern. Here, pits account for most of the blockers as opposed to walls, but the other properties are exactly the same. It provides visual variation.
I do intend to put in more types of generators to give more variety, but I’ll retrofit those later. This week I will be adding treasure, enemy patrols, and then actually convert the level generator into usable levels.
Urimas has finished the running animations and is now making tiles for the Steam Droid parts of the mines. Once I get those, working on the scenario for the Tellurium Mines is my next objective.
Hund has been working on the combat animations and should be done the main ones this week. He’s now adding coloring and shading. They look pretty darn good.
CocoMint reports that the UI has its parts complete. We’ll be going over the finalized layouts on Wednesday.
Chicken has nothing to report. Shame!
Prototype 5-2 Objectives
When everything is checked off, it’s release time, baby.
- Serenity Crater (Mostly Done)
- Tellurium Mines (In Progress)
- Text Adventure Subquest
- Golem Transformation images (Done)
- Latex Drone Transformation images
- Enemies for Serenity Crater (In progress)
- All running animations completes (Done)
- New UI Overhaul (Mostly Done)
- Eldritch Dream Girl Transformation (Text only, Complete)
- Work Credits System implemented and balanced
- Next balance pass of Chapter 5 (In Progress)
- Darkmatter Girl Transformation (Text only, no images – Being Edited)
- Electrosprite Transformation (Text only, no images)
- Steam Droid Transformation (Text only, no images)