Numbers and Patreon Stuff
First, the budget info and a bonus inking video have been uploaded to the Patreon. Go take a look, it’s public info!
In addition, 5$ patrons or higher get to steer the game’s development with a poll. If you’re one such patron, or want to become one, please go fill it out. These surveys tell the team which things we need to be focusing on.
I’ve worked my way through my entire backlog of Chapter 1 improvements, so now it’s all new content from this point on. Here’s what the plans are for new content in Chapter 1 before I consider it complete:
- Quantir Mansion and the rest of the main story for Chapter 1
- Bee Hive subquest
- Salt Flats subquest
- Breanne’s Flowers subquest
- Florentina’s Past subquest
- Trap Basement mini-dungeon
Here’s the changelog for Adventure Mode Prototype 3 (which isn’t out yet, stop asking). I probably forgot a few things, but this is the bulk of it.
- Added goats.
- Please do not bother the goat.
- You can now save and load the game again! The game can handle up to 100 (!) savefiles. If you need that many, then I was wrong about you…
- Downed party members cannot act or be targetted by enemies.
- All scenes have been updated with Florentina’s portraits, where appropriate. A few scenes have new lines from her as well.
- Added target info box to combat, so you can see what the attack will do and to who.
- Fixed a bug where the target flag when using an item wasn’t updating correctly.
- Fixed a bug where healing text for slimes would appear in the wrong spot.
- Mei and Florentina will sometimes exchange words after combat.
- Some enemies now move in patrols or follow one another to act as a team.
- Some enemies are faster or will chase you further than others. Be careful!
- Fixed a few bugs about cooldowns not resetting between combats.
- Gave Florentina’s sprite an eyepatch.
- You can now talk to party members when resting at a campfire.
- Fixed a bug with bee enemies not setting their attack properties correctly.
- Fixed a bug where systems with drivers not supporting OpenGL3.1 or earlier wouldn’t load textures. (Thanks, RepeatedMeme!)
- More plants can now be spoken to than just the ones in civilian areas.
- Mei now uses “Blind” instead of “Throw Sand”.
- Health-stealing attacks now use a percentage of damage dealt.
- Running as you enter a cutscene will no longer keep you running during the scene.
- Boat oars no longer double-stack if not purchased.
- Florentina now has dialogue when resting, with a random element. Some may trigger after certain events happen.
- Added [[EXTRA SPOOKY TEXT]] for [[EXTRA SPOOKY DIALOGUE]]. If you get spooked, I accept no liability.
- Karina should no longer re-introduce herself during the post-bee cutscene if you’ve already met her.
- Florentina will respond differently during the post-slime cutscene if she hasn’t seen Mei’s runestone in action.
- Rochea now has some additional dialogue topics.
- Florentina seems to have a bit of history with Rochea…
- Mei is now correctly immune to Terrify as a slime.
- You can no longer use items more than once per turn, and items will grey out if they cannot be used.
- The command panel will no longer represent data incorrectly when the player’s turn is starting.
- Updated the joypad code to be less awful. Sticks should now work in SDL.
- Added the escaped prisoner NPC!
- Added voluntary bee TF if you can make it to the hive while a human. Florentina will even comment on it later!
- Decision entry now has a 1/2 second delay so you don’t accidently hit a choice while trying to speed up the text.
- Added stairs SFX.
- Added stun dynamics.
- Mei now has special abilities up to level 5. Find the Fencer’s Friend books to learn them!
- Florentina now has special abilities up to level 5. Find the Murderer’s Monthly books to learn them!
- Expanded the bookshelf in the cabin near the trading post.
- You can no longer talk to Karina from the cliff edge below her…
- Added a library to Blythe’s office with lots of tips on combat.